Micro Grants
Call for Proposals
Grants must pertain to organic research and be of benefit to OCIA certified members.  
  • Organic Research
      • Organic research involving crops or livestock
      1. Organic Education
          • Development of organic educational materials
          • On-farm field days, etc... 
        Criteria
        Typical award amounts range from $500 - $3,000.  The intent is to spread grant awards among as many regions as possible. Therefore, there may be limitations on the number of grants given within any one region. Proposals must support organic agriculture and research. A progress report or final report is due by December 31. The final report should be no more than two pages.

        Submission of proposals (must be legible)
        Download the application, fill it out. You will need Adobe Reader to view this file. Deadlines for applications are March 15th and November 15th.  Please send the application to Angela Tunink via email, fax or letter, at the address/number below:
        Angela Tunink - Executive Director
        OCIA Research and Education, Inc.
        1340 N. Cotner Blvd.
        Lincoln, NE 68505

        Phone: (402) 477-2323 Ext. 320
        Fax: 402-477-4325
        Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

        Research & Education
        • Project results must have the capability of being repeated by other individuals who may want to apply the concept to their circumstances.
        • The final report becomes the property of OCIA R&E, which reserves the right to distribute it to appropriate venues.
        • On-farm field research should include a control or check treatment, or compare at least two different treatments or variables so valid conclusions can be made.

        Documentation of Final Report
        •  Must include a summary of the results of the project.
        •  Referencing of material, bibliography

        Personal training MAY NOT be an acceptable micro grant project proposal.

        Distribution of Funds
        Majority of grant money (75%) is released upon acceptance of proposal. Remainder of money (25%) will be released once a final report, meeting board approval, is submitted.




        Past Recipients (Micro-Grants)

          No archives to date.